Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wednesday, September 9
{252/365} They have a bunch of "red flags" for Autism. Before Liam's diagnosis, I never had to read them because I just knew...I felt it. Now that we are in the thick of things with six months of EI under our belts, I actually started checking out those lists. While Liam is certainly Autistic, there have been so many changes that if you met him, you may not know. He answers to his name only half the time but points to everything he needs now or takes your hand to show you. Loud noises never bothered him, neither do large groups of people. He's been "sharing sounds" lately and imitating facial gestures...even sounds like "POP" or "BA". He claps when he does something he knows is correct and is matching colors and doing peg puzzles. He's finally found his nose and belly and head. My favorite milestone however is his independent, make-believe play. In January he would hold a car, turn it over and spin the wheels..now my little boy is not only zooming cars across the floor, he is connecting and making his choo-choo trains move. Yes, I know he's Autistic but each day we are connecting a small piece of the giant Liam puzzle. I'm so very proud of my sweet, little boy. :)