Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sunday, September 13
{256/365} The events on September 11th effected people in different ways. I remember the days and months after the towers fell and how uneasy I felt. Emily was due at the end of November (although she was three weeks early) and THIS was the world she was coming into? I remember each night I would watch the workers cleaning up the site on one of the cable news channels. Each night I would fall asleep watching them, hoping when I woke up they would have found a survivor...or later a body so that person could properly be laid to rest. It was my connection to the process and my way of supporting the amazing men and women working at "Ground Zero". I wrote down some of my thoughts a few years ago and recently finished my notes. I'm currently working on a "Remembering 9-11" book so my children will one day understand what happened on that day. I was hoping to have my book completed but like everything else on my desk, it's still a work in progress. I will finish this soon, I feel like I owe that much to myself, my children and the men and women we lost that horrifying day eight years ago.

No comments: