Friday, September 4, 2009

Thursday, August 27
{239/365} Today the kids got haircuts, lunch at Panera Bread, shoes at Kohl's and Emily did *not* get her ears pierced. ;) In June Emily sat me down and explained that she was ready to get her ears pierced. I admit I was surprised. This was the kid who LITERALLY hid while screaming under the counter at the doctors office to avoid a finger prick! I figured she would change her mind yet she brought it up several times throughout the summer. So, while at the haircutting place I mentioned that they also did ear piercing. Emily was so excited and picked out the earrings she wanted. I felt in my gut this wouldn't go well yet there was a little voice that said "maybe she'll actually go through with it". Let's just say my gut beat out the little voice this time around. After 40 minutes of drama and changing her mind, tears and hysterics, I finally threw in the towel. This was an awful experience, one I'm not willing to repeat any time soon. So, for now, Emily decided to wear the self sticking scrapbooking pearls that I bought at the convention in July. No holes required. ;)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I have a scrapbooking page complete with the TEARS during the ear-piercing process! If she ever gets it done, make sure they're doing two guns at once . . . if not, she'll NEVER get the 2nd ear done!!

CUTE photo!