Friday, September 25, 2009

Sunday, September 20
{263/365} This is no ordinary photo of Riley. This is the please-don't give-me-my-medicine-because-it-tastes-disgusting photo of Riley. When Emily was about 15 months old, she was quietly sitting in her high chair, eating dinner. As usual she had the K-9 garbage disposal beneath her, ready to catch any crumb, large or small. I stepped into the kitchen for a moment and heard this horrible, loud sound. I quickly turned the corner and found Riley convulsing violently under the chair. I assumed my almost three year old pup wouldn't survive the night. Thankfully I got her to the vet and it was that day I found out she had an epileptic seizure. Riley is nine now and doing just fine (knock on wood)! She's been taking a liquid potassium bromide solution to control her seizures each night for the past six years. I can only imagine how disgusting this salt based medicine must be! That said, each night when Riley looks down and gives me "the face", I explain that I only do it because I love her and want her to be with us as long as possible. Then I give her a milkbone and all is well with the world. :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Aww, poor thing. So glad the treats make everything all better!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Aw! Riley!! I know the face you're talking about! Glad the Milk Bone makes it better!!