Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wednesday, September 23
{266/365} Back to school night makes me feel like a fraud. ;) There are moments when I still can't believe I'm a Mom. I still can't believe I have a daughter in second grade. I still can't believe she has to go through all of the school insanity! I sit and listen to the teacher as she explains what the kids do all day...how they have a "working snack", how they are using "new math" and how they shove so much information at the kids that they hardly have time to breathe. I also know it only gets more intense each year. Of course I know education is important but at what cost? I'm a fraud because I have to pretend as if it's all OK when I really just want to scream and say "WHY CAN'T KIDS JUST BE KIDS FOR A WHILE!!" How about a happy medium? On the bright side, Emily loves school and the teacher loves Emily, so it's all good. I just have to take a deep breath and enjoy the "easier" grades where Emily still writes adorable notes full of enthusiasm, kisses, hugs and a great big smiley face. :)

No comments: