Monday, September 28, 2009

Tuesday, September 22
{265/365} Liam's OT started a couple of months ago. One of the first things she asked was "what's Liam's Stim (Self Stimulatory Behavior)?" Some Autistic kids can flap, rock in a chair or make facial movements. The list goes on, but for Liam it's none of the above. We discovered fairly quickly that Liam likes to jump...jump...jump! He jumps when he's happy, or when he's listening to music or when he just feels like jumping! She suggested we purchase a trampoline so he can channel that jumping energy in an appropriate way. Yeah for us, yet another HUGE item for my already crowded living room. :( I sort of procrastinated until I saw how much he loves the mini trampoline at the play place. My new purchase arrived this morning, he saw the photo on the box and now he's beyond excited. The big problem now is that he won't get out of the frame so I can put the darn thing together!! Looks like I'll have to wait until bed time to finish. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Too funny! Have fun jumping Liam!!