Friday, September 25, 2009

Thursday, September 17
{260/365} Emily had an interesting homework assignment tonight. In addition to filling out a family tree, she was supposed to bring in or tell the story about something that was passed down from generation to generation....and will eventually get passed down to her. Since I'm sentimental and the only granddaughter, there were many stories I could tell and many items I could show her. The more expensive items didn't impress Emily. Instead she pulled out a sequin jacket, long black gloves and clip on earrings that belonged to my Nanny Edie and a small, gold purse that belonged to my great grandma , Anna. Emily slipped on a skirt and played dress up with a bunch of items. It was a lot of fun going down memory lane and watching my drama queen pose with items that were once worn by some amazing women in my life. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

How cool that you HAVE items like that! That's awesome!