Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday, July 16
{197/365} I've always been a "night owl"...since the day I was born. My Mom tells me stories about her having friends over when I was a toddler, the adults would sit around the table and there I was, gnawing on a bagel. Eventually she would have to put me in my crib with a bunch of pacifiers and toys because she needed a break! I didn't mind. In 7th grade I had a bad case of pneumonia and with that, I got a TV in my room....which was never taken out. I was told not to watch but I remember still being awake at midnight when "The Young One's" were on MTV. Then there were the old black and white shows like "Ben Casey" (I would be SHOCKED if anyone has ever seen that) that I was obsessed with very late at night. I loved to read and write and create at night. So here is the insomniac monster I've created. It's 11:30 and she still isn't sleeping. She had a lot to do and sleep really cramps her style. Ah the summer! During the school year I have to fight for her to go into bed by 9:15 and even then it takes her a while to fall asleep (and somehow her butt gets right out of bed in the morning). Camp starts soon and our routine will return. Until then I'm sort of letting her get away with it...because I can totally relate.

No comments: