Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Saturday, July 18
{199/365} Emily and I had a great time at the Creating Keepsakes Camp this week. In addition to a weekly contest, they had daily project ideas. We both made frames and Emily made a fabric covered cork board. Unfortunately, we didn't get to everything BUT enjoyed what we could do. By Friday I hadn't decided if I would enter the camp contest, not knowing what I would do. Then it came to me very early this morning. We had to do a project inspired by (or actually make) lanyard, God's Eye, wooden necklaces, pine cone bird feeder or tie-dye. I thought, what if I used Emily's "Spin Art"with acrylic and alcohol ink...would that look like tie dye? In fact, it did! I backed the acrylic with white card stock and made a faux wooden necklace out of chip board (complete with crushed eyelets instead of beads). I put it all together to use for Emily's camp album this year. It was fun to make! I'm not sure if I'll win but winners will be announced on Monday, July 27th.

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is wonderful!! I love it!