Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunday, July 12
{193/365} Today I'll cheat a little (like I did in February) and pay tribute to my amazing Nanny Edie. Edith was my Dad's mother who passed away in 1993 at the age of 70. She was the sweetest grandma and would have been an amazing great-grandma...my kids would have LOVED her! (Emily was actually named after her) When I think of my grandmother I remember...a freezer full of matzo ball soup, playing Scrabble and Michigan Rummy, her button collection, the 8-track tapes of Tom Jones and plastic lemons in a wicker basket. I also remember the pull out couch I used to sleep on (when I slept over) and the sound the floor made as she tip toed around the apartment. I loved those days and would give anything for just one more moment. I would have loved to have known her as an adult and had the opportunity to hear more about her life. Happy Birthday to the coolest Nanny, we lost her way too soon...

No comments: