Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Saturday, July 4
{185/365} Independence Day. Confession time....I always found American history quite boring. Yes, I'm admitting it. I sort of feel bad about that. I never actually thought about how this country was formed...what the 4th of July was really about. I would like to say I did some research or read a good book...but truth be told, the HBO series "John Adams" helped me see the light. Why didn't I see it before? It's all so fascinating! Today started off with Emily putting on her red barrette, white shirt, blue skort and flag scarf. The weather was perfect and the kids enjoyed their little pool and chips at the table. For the first time in 39 years, I reflected on the importance of what happened in 1776 and how difficult it was to get there. Kudos to John Adams and our founding fathers for having the courage to sign a Declaration and completely change the course of American history! :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I have got to see if that's on demand! I missed it! Cute photo!