Thursday, July 23, 2009

Monday, July 20
{201/365} When Riley was a pup (after she crate trained), she slept next to me in my bedroom. Frank always had to get up really early so when the alarm went off, little Riley would bound off of her bed and try with all of her pup strength to jump on Frank. ( We still have scratches on our then brand new bed frame to prove that) He would hit the snooze and once that radio turned on, it signaled Riley to pounce again and again and again. "Riley, go to your bed!" would be said over and over and this routine would continue each day. This morning I looked over at my Riley, still on my side but in a different bedroom. Laying on a giant blanket far more comfy than the nicer looking dog bed that lies beneath it. Snoozing through the alarms now and the trips to the bathroom and the late night checks on the kids. It's 10am and there she is, sleeping as long as she possibly can. This photo reminded me of the "old days" of boundless energy and then I realized, we are both sort of similar now...not too old but old enough to want to sleep late and longing for all that energy we once had. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Aw! I just love Riley! Princess sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed too. She's my sweetheart!