Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday, July 17
{198/365} I am so far from having a "green thumb" that my thumb is practically clear. ;) Although I love a home grown tomato or beautiful flowers, I'm not one to grab a shovel or dig my hands in the dirt. I really enjoy the gardens of others and can certainly appreciate how much work goes into such a thing! For me however, it's a struggle to keep a plant alive in the kitchen. Imagine Emily's surprise when I told her we were going to the garden center today! We have an empty garden window and a very sad looking deck so I thought it was time to spruce them up. She was in heaven and kept telling me how much she loves flowers. When we left she said "you are NOT my mother" because we actually bought some plants! Such a wise guy, I wonder where she gets that from?

No comments: