Thursday, July 2, 2009

Friday, June 26
{177/365} The year my dad died was challenging in so many ways. It was days before his 57th birthday and during the December holidays. My dog...the one my dad bought for me...had a grand mal seizure and was diagnosed as epileptic. I started to realize that having a second child wouldn't be as easy the second time. The cherry on top of the cake was when my Aunt Fern (my dads sister) was diagnosed with lung cancer. She managed to beat it only to have her own grand mal a year later and find out that the cancer moved to her brain. Somehow, after going through brain surgery and chemo and drugs, drugs, drugs...here we are and Fern will celebrate her 60th tomorrow! In addition to a gift, I decided to make her a "HAPPY" scrapbook to celebrate the past 60 years in quotes and photos. I'm looking forward to giving it to her at her birthday dinner tomorrow night. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I LOVE this. You did such a great job!!!