Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday, December 30
{364/365} This is my life. I have a beautiful, intelligent, creative and dramatic eight year old. I have a delicious, curious, smart...and Autistic, twenty-nine month old. My epileptic and neurotic "fur baby" of nine years, has two metal knees and enjoys licking walls and jumping at shadows. My husband of 13 years (and who I've known for 19), is overworked in the television business and longing to spend more time at home. My house is "lived in" and that's how it goes. The laundry is clean but often remains in baskets. The garage is full of useless stuff that will eventually be thrown away. We have stacks of CD's and DVD's in our bedroom which were displaced when our cabinets started housing therapy toys. My scrap room/office is often a mess with several unfinished projects and bits of paper lurking everywhere. On my desk under a clear protector it reads, "I'm creative, you can't expect me to be neat too.". Emily's room is pink, Liam's is blue and if I had any strength at all, I would paint my scrap room pear green. I'm tired. My life took off in a different direction than expected and I'm still trying to gain control. I desperately need to lose weight and that saddens me each and every day. Such a daunting task. I try so hard to get it all done...class mom, girl scout leader, newsletter writer, scrapper, mom, housekeeper, daughter, sister, wife, "chef," "doctor," "lawyer," on and on...but my multi-tasking skills are lacking these days. I do the best I can. My goal for the upcoming year is to try and take things one day at a time. To make a bit more time for myself. To keep it all together. Despite the challenges, no matter what, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm very lucky and I'm grateful for what I have, each and every day. :)

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Jodi- I am sure you are doing a great job, despite whatever lack of control you may feel you have sometimes. I totally get it and empathize with you! I love you 365 project and applaud you for keeping up - I would have dropped after day 7! Hope you all have a happy and healthy New Year.