Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Monday, December 28
{362/365} Frank has been working with Michael for over ten years and Mike's family owns both a restaurant and a wine store in Manhattan. Last year for the holidays, Michael gave us a gift certificate for the restaurant which we knew would be a challenge to use. It's not that we don't want to go, but arranging such a thing is never easy! This year Michael gave us a gift certificate to the wine store and I finally decided that we had to work this out! Tonight Frank and I had a "date," while my mom stayed home with the kids. We had an amazing meal at i Trulli which included pumpkin ravioli for me and braised short rib for Frank. We then went across the street to Vino to purchase some wine. To end the evening we stopped into "Mustang Harry's" where a few of our old friends from our college radio days (WONY) were hanging out! How fantastic it was to have a great meal, drink a little wine, schmooze with old friends and feel like an adult for a change. I do love my kids but I certainly would like to do this more often. :)

No comments: