Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday, November 24
{328/365} I remember one Hanukkah when I was about 9 (I think) and it was time to open presents. How excited I was as I ripped the odd shaped gift open, only to find a...globe. A globe?? Did I ask for a globe? Did I want a globe? Why would you torture me like that? Unfortunately, the voices talking inside my head moved to my mouth and a giant complaint flowed out. My father, who rarely got angry at me (he saved that for my brothers), calmly sent me to my room for being ungrateful...which I was. I hated that globe but somehow it stayed with me throughout the years. It remained at my Moms house only to be returned to me with other childhood items when I turned 30. I stored the metal monster on a high shelf in Emily's room (having no where else to put it) and today she decided it was "cool!" It's basically a collectors item now since many of the countries have changed. Despite resenting this gift for so long, I got a big kick out of watching Emily play with it. I think my Dad is laughing...

No comments: