Thursday, August 13, 2009

Monday, August 10
{222/365} I wonder if the way a baby comes into the world is a reflection of who he/she will be as a child. Both Liam and Emily were born exactly three weeks before their due dates. In both cases my water broke, proving that both of my children were determined to make their way into this world on their terms. Both of them let out gigantic cries and opened their eyes almost immediately, ready for what the world had to offer. I was thinking about all of this tonight as I watched Liam giggle and jump around in his crib at 11:15pm (it's actually dark in there but I used the flash for the photo). I should be angry and frustrated but instead I sort of laughed to myself. "Yes mom, I should go to sleep...but you know what? I'll go to sleep when I'M ready!" I've got two strong, determined kids and although it's challenging at times, I do hope that strength carries on with them, in a positive way, throughout their lives. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

He definitely does NOT look sleepy! Stop giving him sugar around 10 p.m.!! Ha ha! So, what time did he finally go to sleep? Such a cute photo!!