Friday, April 10, 2009

Tuesday, April 7
{97/365} About a month ago Emily brings home a "script" and informs me that they are doing a fairy tale show in school. She is Little Red Riding Hood but really wanted to be Cinderella. Then she proceeds to tell me that she doesn't want to perform in front of the parents. First, I had to assure her that Red Riding Hood was cooler than Cinderella. She's smart and sassy and didn't depend on a prince to save her from the wolf! Then I explained that we had a month to practice and by the time she read her part, all of her fears would be gone. Tonight was the performance, it was terrific and needless to say, once it was over she was ready to take the stage again. Ah, a chip off the old block. ;)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Red is so much cooler than Cinderella! She's a tough chick! I actually laughed at the thought of you explaining it to her! I remember talking to my girls about how awesome Belle was compared to the other princesses. She fell in love first! What a concept!

She looks very cute!