Sunday, April 5, 2009

Friday, April 3
{93/365} This is the face of Autism. Today Liam was officially put "on the spectrum". I should be upset, but I'm not, he's the same child he was yesterday. He's still loving and mushy and sweet. He still giggles and runs and climbs. He still looks in my eyes and touches my nose. He's still my delicious, handsome boy. My child is delayed but by no means insignificant. He understands but in a more limited capacity. The road ahead will be long and it will take hard work and determination to make our way through. We'll get there, we have time, we started early. Although I'm taking this "glass half full" approach, I still reserve the right to feel sorry for myself at times...to be frustrated at times...to wonder "why". I also have the right to be angry...why is this happening to so many children? Why my child? Was his seizure caused by the vaccinations he had that day and did it ultimately cause this? Could one single moment change his life forever? I'll never get answers to these questions...so why torture myself? I choose to focus all of my energy on positive thinking and helping this amazing little guy become all he can be. We just need to take it one day at a time.

No comments: