Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tuesday, April 28
{118/365} When we renovated our kitchen/dining room a few months back, I was left with a big empty wall. I stared at that wall for months until I found some really cool shelves. They aren't ordinary, they are more like shadowboxes. On the one hand they are quite shallow so we won't be able to place anything large on them. On the other hand, they are really interesting and give the room an "artsy" feeling! The shelves have been up for weeks and slowly I am finding items to place on them. I have a set of very small, blue ceramic vases that have been in my family for ions, the cool giant "jack" that I found at Home Goods...and now my new "Home" blocks. I decided to make something personal for my little shelves. Each side is different and filled with words, quotes, paper and black and white photos. They were fun to make and add a splash of color to fairly empty space!

No comments: