Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesday, February 3
{34/365} My close friend Tracy has three beautiful children... Maeve (almost 7), Myles (almost 5) and Eamon. Today is Eamon's 2nd birthday and a day for celebration. Tracy and her husband were given was a "near-fatal" diagnosis at her 20 month ultrasound. She was told that her son had a congenital brain abnormality. They were told that their child would most likely not make it to term or he would not live for very long. They were given no hope....but the doctors had no idea who they were dealing with. These are NOT parents who give up easily! Through the support of their family, friends and their faith they made it through the pregnancy. On February 3rd, 2007, the boy that wasn't supposed to make it...the boy that should have been significantly under weight...was born weighing 5.85 lbs! Eamon is a miracle...a real miracle...and the sweetest little guy. Although I wasn't with him today, I took a photo of Tracy's blog. I wanted to remember this day and his smile and celebrate in my own way. Happy Birthday Eamon!

2 comments:

Barclay 5 said...

Miss Jodi - you are such a fan of the Prince! Thank you for the many ways you support and cheer-on our family. We are blessed to have friends like you. Through out my pregnancy you gave me the gift of normalcy, I could totally focus on the fun of being great-with-child, and have a break from the concerns. That, my dear friend, is a token I will never forget.

Love You! XO

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow, what a GREAT photo of the day! That's a birthday really worth celebrating!