Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, February 12
{43/365} Today, instead of taking a current photo I wanted to pay tribute to my Nanny Bea. My (maternal) grandma passed away in 1991 from lung cancer. Although she lived in Florida for a large part of my childhood (we were in NY), we spent a good amount of time together. She was beautiful and always called me "Sweet Face". She taught me cool card games and ALWAYS carried Pep-O-Mints in her pocket. She collected Swarovski crystal, loved owls/birds and loved pottery (she made some great pieces). She was adorable and funny and I still miss her so much...I just wish my kids could have known her. Today would have been her birthday and I still find the day so significant. I don't want to mourn each year on the day of her death...I would rather celebrate her life on the day of her birth!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh that is such a sweet post! I never had a grandparent. They had all passed away before I was born. When I was young, I never knew what I was missing. You can't miss what you never had. I realize now how FORTUNATE my children are to have grandparents!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I'm so sorry . . . I also meant to say that this photo is wonderful! She's absolutely beautiful! Hugs to you today!