Monday, February 23, 2009

Saturday, February 21
{52/365} We adopted Riley when she was just 7 weeks old. There were a bunch of dogs to choose from and she was the crazy one of the bunch. I went to pick out my dog with my parents, both wanted a dog without the hassle of actually owning one. It certainly worked out well for them! My Mom had her eye on the sweet, calm Lab...my Dad and I couldn't resist the sweet, hyper Golden. ;) Guess which I chose?? In June of 2000 I brought home my first *child*. Coming up with a name was difficult. I didn't want anything too obvious or strange or silly. Something simple. I started looking up favorite films and characters and came upon Blazing Saddles. Blaze?? Nah...hmm. One of the crew members had the name "Riley". I liked it and didn't even care that she was a girl!! Little did I know that almost 9 years later I would take this photo of my less hyper *adult* dog. Her name is perfect...she definitely leads the Life of Riley. ;)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love her! I think Riley and Princess would really get along! I love how her ear is sticking up. She also appears to be looking at you like, "I'm trying to sleep, please no photos!" What a sweetheart! Did you ever think that a lot of people treat dogs better than a lot of other people might treat a human being? That's a sad thing to think about. Lucky dogs, that's for sure!