Friday, February 20, 2009

Thursday, February 19
{50/365} Today at Daisy's we celebrated "World Thinking Day". The idea behind the day is to honor sister Girl Scouts in other countries. Each troop celebrates in a different way...we decided to do something really interesting. I put together little booklets that described different birthday traditions in different countries. I brought my giant map so I could point the countries out to the girls. For our snack we made ice cream sundaes with different toppings from 16 countries! In addition to the whipped cream, chocolate chips and maraschino cherries, the girls had a blast trying unique items such as toffee, kiwi and maple syrup!

1 comment:

Luann said...

I loved Thinking Day as a Girl Scout, it was always one of my favorite events.

We always got together with several troops and preformed dances from other companies and sold different foods and crafts from the countries. thanks for posting this picture and triggering there happy memories.