Friday, January 30, 2009

Thursday, January 29
{29/365} I absolutely LOVE matzo ball soup and make it several times each year. Growing up, no matter what the season, you would find a container of this delicious soup in my grandma's freezer. THIS is my comfort food. Each and every time I make it, I think of my grandma's (and grandpa's) kitchen, playing Scrabble, a centerpiece of plastic lemons and a hot bowl of soup in a beautiful white/floral bowl. I do admit I've changed the recipe a bit, using oil in the matzo meal instead of "schmaltz" (chicken fat) and I load it with a ton of veggies! Other than that, the taste and the feeling is still there. If I do nothing else, I WILL teach my kids how to make a GREAT bowl matzo ball soup!

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

YUM! That looks delicious! I'll have a cup of soup, please!! Soup is great comfort food, especially in the winter!

P.S. I'm so glad that someone else is taking pictures of food! I think I've taken at least three already!