Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday, January 7
{7/365} My grandparents had a very old set of ceramic canisters that were on display in their kitchen. When my grandma passed away over 10 years ago, I was relieved that my grandpa kept those canisters on their shelf. I just loved to look at them. A few years ago, when my grandpa passed away, the one thing I wanted...for sentimental reasons...were those canisters. I had no where to put them in my kitchen, but I needed to have them. They sat in their bubble wrapped box, mocking me as I looked at them on the shelf. Finally, a couple of months ago we renovated our kitchen...complete with a wall of shelves, a new home for my canisters. I was thrilled!! Today my painters came back to do some touch ups and to fix a big gouge in our new wooden floor. They brought power tools...big one's....and left everything on the shelves. Needless to say, I heard a CRASH and just knew. "Nutmeg" smashed to the ground into several pieces. At first I was heartbroken, OK, I'm still sort of heartbroken BUT they invented Krazy Glue for a reason! I'll fix "Nutmeg" if it's the last thing I do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a great story and an appropriate picture for your Project 365. Hope you can fix it.

Kyetra said...

I hope that "Nutmeg" is okay. I know the horror of losing something so special. I have started to collect things from my grandparents and great grandparents and cring when someone touches them. Bless your soul.