Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday, January 15
{15/365} This may be a boring photo (taken through a screen window) but it represents my frustration! When I got up this morning, this is what I saw...no street and falling snow. That said, there were no school delays so against my better judgement I proceeded with my morning. I got Emily ready and yanked my sleeping baby out of his warm bed. I got the kids into the car, slipping in my driveway. Once I pulled out I knew this was the wrong decision. I slid down the street and as I turned around the corner I decided to head back. The roads were AWFUL! They never take care of our side streets and there was no way I was risking an accident for FIRST GRADE! Of course I have been second guessing myself for hours and despite the fact that the sun is out now, it's still 17 degrees and those streets are death traps. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

3 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Weather has been driving me CRAZY! I think we're all getting hit with STRANGE winter weather! Stay safe and warm!

Ann said...

We are getting ready to be in the low teens tonight (in South Carolina), and we haven't had temps like this in TWENTY years, the weather guys said!

As a teacher (and a mom), I say you did the right thing! Stay home and read all day together!

Luann said...

Stay warm and safe! It sounds like you have made some very smart decsions about your families safety today!