Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday, January 20
{20/365} I'm an Independent. While I admit I'm far more liberal than conservative, I vote based on the person and not the party. Years ago I saw Barack Obama on Oprah. I remember how confident and intelligent he was and when he ran for President I certainly wasn't surprised! I don't remember the years before an election being so intense....and here we are...Inauguration Day. What a moment it was for America and American history. I hope that everyone, Democrats AND Republicans can recognize the importance of this day. Whether you agree with President Obama's policies or not, we all witnessed an amazing historical event today. With tears in my eyes I watched and was grateful to be a part of it...even if it was from the comfort of my living room!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Your photo is so much better than mine! I tried to get one when he was taking the Oath, but I had the hardest time! The light coming in my family room couldn't be controlled, and when I finally got a photo that had the light to a minimum, it was of President Obama with his eyes closed! Ugh! Anyway, I'm sure a lot of us WILL have similar photos today too!

Luann said...

I have the same Oprah memory and knew then I would love to have the opportunity to vote for this man! I am so happy today. Love your picture, one of the best TV shots I have seen.

I posted pictures and quotes from my students today it is very funny.