Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday, January 11
{11/365} I don't decorate the outside of the house during the holidays...First, I'm lazy...Second, I spend enough on gas and electric...Third, I'm Jewish. ;) I have nothing against decorating, it's just not "my thing". Celebrating both holidays is always fun, so the inside of the house has the tree, menorah, stockings and of course our little holiday town! This year while browsing through a garden shop (turned Christmas shop) I saw this cool snow guy...and I needed him! That's when I decided to decorate the back of my house! I know it's a bit nontraditional but so am I! So, our deck is decked out with lights, two reindeer and my glittery snow guy...the kids LOVE it! We had a snowstorm yesterday which reminded me that the holidays are over and it's just winter now. I'm thinking of keeping snow guy out a bit longer...he makes us smile and sheds light on an otherwise bleak time of year. :)

3 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Looking at the cute snowman in my backyard would totally make me smile too!! I love it!

Stephanie said...

I think we are meant to be friends... infertility, girl golden retrievers named Riley, lighted snowman decorations, (I almost bought that exact one about three times this winter, but since I already have four others I stopped myself), and scrapbooking too of course!

Thank you for your comments. Our friends and family are very sincere and supportive, but the comfort and encouragement from those who truly understand always hold something special.

Stephanie

Luann said...

The snow man is a winter thing and as long as there is snow somewhere he can be out! At least that's what I am telling myself about the snowman stuff on my counters LOL!