Sunday, November 29, 2009

Monday, November 9
{313/365} Each year I try to make something interesting for Emily's birthday in school. One year I tried home made Twinkies, another year it was Scooter Pies. This year, in the spirit of Emily's new "hippie" phase, I decided to try "tie dyed" cupcakes. My original plan was to swirl different colors of icing but then I was sure I would find a recipe on the internet...and I DID! Six bowls, each with the same amount of cake batter and six gel food coloring colors. I scooped a small amount into each cupcake tin one color at a time. It took quite a while (since the original recipe is for a cake) but it was well worth it! Instead of taking away from the pretty swirled top, I simply piped a white icing peace sign on the top of each one.The cupcakes were a huge success and quite a hit with the kids. Emily definitely won the "cool kid" award for the day! :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Those are totally GROOVY man! I think Emily's mom should win the coolest mom award! These are awesome!