Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thursday, October 29th
{302/365} I've mentioned from time to time how I have a great dislike for "nature." Once in a while however, I develop a strange bond to a creature that even surprises me! A few years ago I saw the ground moving under our play set and tiny little eyes peering at me. I thought it was a mouse family (eww) but it turned out to be baby bunnies. I protected those things all summer long and finally saw them hop away with their bunny tails behind them! It was sort of sweet. This summer a gross spider took over my deck. It made these amazing webs though and I didn't have the heart to squash the thing (meanwhile it literally dropped dead one day)! Then there is "my" chipmunk. He lives within the driveway wall. It's cute and for some odd reason, it makes me smile when I see him pop out! I'm always concerned that he will run into the garage or I'll get him with my car one day...so I'm careful...and he's quick...so we should be OK. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I don't like bunnies in the backyard, and we have a lot of them that travel through. They leave way too many droppings behind!