Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunday, June 21
{172/365} This will be the seventh Father's Day I've spent without my dad. Although your head tells you that it' s a fun day for so many people, your heart resents that the day even exists. That said, there is a great daddy living here and he certainly deserves his holiday. In addition to the Emeril grill cookbook and iPhone he got (I got one for Father's Day too), Emily worked on a unique project as usual. She wrapped her gifts in a decorated paper bag (as she always does). She gave her daddy a decorated toilet paper roll as well as hand made Post-It notes (she takes the notes and adds words and stickers-LOL) and the piece de resistance...a small sock change purse with money in it! Here daddy...go get yourself a little something!! My mom joined us later on and we ended the day with a BBQ and Juniors Cheesecake Cobbler. All-in-all it was a great day...I know my dad would have had fun. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I'm sorry you don't have your dad anymore in order to celebrate Father's Day. I cannot imagine how that must be for you. I'm glad though that you have a great husband who is an awesome dad, and I'm glad you got to see your mom too! Sounds like a great day. Hhhmmmm, so what's your husband going to spend that money on????