Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday, June 13
{164/365} Today really sucked. I attended a free, seven hour Autism class offered through a local hospital. The hospital is great...the school sponsoring the class is great...but I didn't want to go. Sometimes you just have to follow your instincts. I came home feeling as if all of the progress Liam has made and all of the hope I have for him, has been a waste of time. If I don't shove hours upon hours upon hours of therapy down the throat of my 22 month old, I may as well walk around with "crappy mother" tattooed across my forehead. I felt like I had been punched and came home wanting to give up. Then I looked down and saw Liam's little Lands End shoes...the shoes that match daddy's...and I melted. I took this photo to remind myself that the baby that fills these shoes is definitely worth fighting for and I love him more than words can say.

1 comment:

Barclay 5 said...

I think you're pretty awesome! One day at a time Miss Jodi, Liam is so worth it!

Love you guys! Tracy XO