Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Friday, June 19
{170/365} I remember "interviewing" pediatricians when I was pregnant with Emily. I remember going to Gymboree for the first time and stressing over which pre-school to put her in. I remember how difficult it was to leave her at that preschool the first few weeks and how empty I felt. Don't even get me started with full-day kindergarten. Now I look at my 7 1/2 year old on her last full day of first grade and wonder where the time went? How can my baby be so grown up? Time is so bitter sweet. On the one hand, seeing your children grow and become amazing kids makes you proud beyond belief. We talk and laugh and have FUN! On the other hand, it's so difficult to see the baby in that big girl face. There are moments where I find myself thinking of the infant or toddler I once had and I get a huge lump in my throat.

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Believe me . . . I know exactly what you're talking about. My youngest is going to be 12 in July. HOW did that happen?