Saturday, June 6, 2009

Monday, June 1
{152/365} I've never been a big fan of farms or zoos...caged animals are not really my thing. I try hard to allow Emily to form her own opinions on things like that...and it looks like she has. ;) There are some animals at her camp and in three years, she has never bothered with them. She never seems interested in going to a zoo and has made it clear that the only animal she loves has paws and barks! So, one can only imagine how "un" excited she was to visit the Green Meadows Farm today on her school field trip. Since I'm the class mom I made the commitment to go BUT would have been THRILLED to take the day off with Emily. The farm was full of baby pigs and chicks and goats...and I just felt bad for them. :( In the end, the kids had the chance to milk a cow (Daisy was such a trooper) and the only child...and adult that refused were me and Emily. I'm seriously fine living my entire life without touching the utter of a cow! Emily wanted me to use the photo I took of her next to the Green Meadows sign. I feel a tiny bit guilty but there was NO WAY I could resist this photo which just about says it all!

No comments: