Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wednesday, March 18
{77/365} Most elementary schools in my area have a school newsletter. I couldn't understand why mine didn't! Apparently it was done before, sporadically, and no one volunteered during the last school year. As the mother of a kindergartner last year I was in the dark about so many things...I didn't even know what the school book fair was! So, when I joined the PTO this year, I volunteered to do the newsletter. I sort have a love/hate relationship with the thing. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get people to send me information, other times it's a bit easier. I don't think anyone really understands the effort it takes to pull it together! In any case, I'm still plugging along and today I'm working on the April issue...only two more to go this year!!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

You said school newsletter. I think most parents understand that it would be like pulling teeth to get the information! Believe me! So, you're not volunteering again next year? You're the PRO at it now!!

Angela said...

I totally know where you are coming from. I was the newsletter editor the first semester. The part of actually putting it together was fun for me. But like you said getting info from people was hard at times. One reason why I stepped down is because the editor is a board position. And if you are on the board you have to help with all the main PTO activities. And I have had some person issues that didn't allow for me to do all that. So I had to step down which was sad.