Sunday, March 29, 2009

Friday, March 27
{86/365} Growing up both my mom and my grandma were excellent cooks. Without the kids at home my mom doesn't cook as much as she used to, but when she does...it's GOOD! When my grandma passed away, the one thing I wanted more than anything were her recipes. Many of them are hand written and many were cut out of newspapers with little comments like "excellent" or "delicious". For me, comfort food is that the food from my past that we have made for decades. Today I decided to make our sweet and sour meatballs....substituting ground meat for turkey (it's still yummy). The ingredients always surprise people since they are made with chili sauce, grape jelly and lemon juice! They may sound strange but they are absolutely delicious!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sounds good to me! What are they served on top of? I'm so glad someone else takes photos of food! I've been doing that a lot!!

quasha said...

awesome blog!
i want this recipe..

sounds like swedish meatballs with a twist!