Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday, September 29
{272/365} Sometimes the smallest things can remind me of my dad. This morning when I woke up, GMA was doing a report on Starbucks introduction of "instant coffee". I had a flash of my dad's coffee cup on the counter every single morning. Inside there was a spoonful of Tasters Choice and a packet of Sweet-N-Low, ready for water when he woke up for work. This memory inspired me to take a photo of my "Dad Container" full of my keepsakes. Each night he would take a shower, shave and splash on some Old Spice....sometimes I take a whiff and it reminds me of him. He would always shower at night and sleep in a white undershirt that had that really clean Tide dryer sheet smell. It still does. :) He always carried a small detectives badge given to him years back...I suspect it got him out of a ticket or two. ;) I have notes that he wrote to me, little knick knacks and a container of Binaca which he always carried in his suit pocket. Then there is one of the last things I added...my copy of the Mourner's Kaddish and my torn black ribbon that I wore until my father's unveiling. Looking at these items is always sad but at the same time they also remind me of how lucky I am to have such comforting memories. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That is so amazing that you have a container full of memories. So wonderful!