Friday, October 23, 2009

Tuesday, October 13
{286/365} Each year after our "pick day" I end up with way too many apples and way too much bread! In theory I would like to freeze some bread but I haven't had enough time to clean out our crowded freezer! So, I'm thinking there will be a lot of carbs consumed in the next several days. ;) The apples should find themselves in a nice apple crisp this weekend and the pumpkins will be cut up for their seeds...I'm OBSESSED with toasted pumpkin seeds!! I've yet to actually use the pumpkin in any recipe, I always intend to do so, but it never happens. Now the pressure begins...what will I carve in that giant pumpkin?? I may do another version of the "punk pumpkin" I did last year, complete with a blue mohawk, angry face and nose ring! ;)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

We never carved our pumpkin, so I'm going to try (emphasis on the word TRY) to make pumpkin puree! I found a recipe on Pioneer Woman's site, because I have no idea what I'm doing!!