Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friday, October 9
{282/365} When Emily started elementary school it was only the second year they had a full day kindergarten. I was NOT a happy camper. It was so strange not having her around and although I had Liam (who was only a few weeks old when school started) I really missed her! I still have these moments throughout the day where I think about the "good old days." The days when we were free to go to Gymboree or art class or cooking class and we had no set schedule. Today I had one of those "moments" as I passed some of her "school stuff" (not real school, "Emily" play school) on the stairs. Two days ago she asked me to print out a picture and she made a teacher ID badge for herself. All of her supplies are contained in that chalk board box given to her by her Aunt Steph (dry erase is on the other side). Although she leaves her stuff EVERYWHERE, I must admit I secretly enjoy seeing it and thinking of her throughout my day. :)

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I still have days like that! I'm excited when they have days off, and that's pretty much the only reason I like summer . . . I just love when my girls are home! I love that Emily made a badge for herself! That's so cute!!