Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thursday, May 21
{141/356} Today Emily moved up from the ranks of "Daisy" to "Brownie" during our "Bridging Ceremony." :) In theory we were supposed to grow a flower garden this year and it wasn't entirely practical. So, in September I made different flowers with the girls names on them. At the first meeting they "planted" their flower in one big pot, symbolizing our troops "garden". For the ceremony I gave each girl their own pot with their flower, daisies and some lollipops. We lined a path with the pots and they walked up to accept their Brownie pin, certificate and long stemmed daisy. In the end, each girl was able to take their flower pot home as a keepsake. As we were walking out, Emily turned to me and said..."Mom, I walked in a Daisy and I walk out a Brownie"...she was so excited!!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

How awesome! I love their excitement over their milestones! It just makes me so happy and proud, as I'm sure you were! The flowerpots are adorable! I love the suckers sticking out!

Joy said...

I love what she said. That's so cute! :) She looks very proud to be a Brownie now.